"Scrap-A-Thon 3" Day 18 Grid Layout | Day 23 Paper Tearing | Day 27 Punches
This post has the 3 layouts from Scrap-A-Thon 3 with Nicole Jones 911 — Day 18 Grid, Day 23 Paper Tearing and Day 27 Punches. I also created some layouts for Day 20, Day 21 and Day 31 which are posted in future blog posts. I’m still working on some of the days and hoping that I’ll have time to get back to this class and finish up all the techniques.
DAY 18 GRID – This was such an easy layout to do because you just lay out your photos in a grid. The biggest challenge was trying to figure out the placement of the pictures and where to put the title. I was really happy to get eleven of the twelve photos that I printed onto this one page.
The paper is from Echo Park Summer Days collection. The paper in this collection is so colorful with really beautiful bright colors. Most of the paper in this collection is very busy and because I was planning to use a lot of pictures, I decided to use a tone on tone blue patterned paper for the background. The photos are matted on a blue cardstock.
I wanted to wrap the title from the left side of the layout and then across the top, so I added a 2×2 Project Life card on the left bottom corner which says “You can never have too much Happy” and then I added “ICE CREAM” in Dear Lizzy Fantastic white foam Thickers to the left side of the layout and used a project life card at the top of the layout that says “Sweet Life”. If you read the layout from left to right, it says “You can never have too much Happy”, ICE CREAM, “Sweet Life”, Old Town Slidell Soda Shop, Rock N’ Roll!!!
The pictures used in this layout were taken in the summer of 2017 when my sister Jeannie and her family were visiting from Texas. We went for ice cream at the local Ice Cream shop in Old Town Slidell, Louisiana.
DAY 23 PAPER TEARING – I really got behind on some of the layouts, so I’m jumping ahead to Day 23 where the technique was Paper Tearing. I really love tearing paper and it was fun to create the hills in the scene I created at the bottom of this layout. The pictures are of my house on the water where I lived when I first moved back to Louisiana.
And, here are some close-ups of my layout.
DAY 24 PUNCHES – The background of this layout was created using a strips of patterned paper and a border punch. The picture is of my Mom when we were visiting Fredericksburg, Texas. I used a piece of vellum paper under my title so that it would mute the busy background and would help my title to stand out more.
And, here are close-ups of this layout.
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 1 – Patterned Papers
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 2 – Squares
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 3 – Resist Technique
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 4 – Gel Plate
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 5 – Using Paints
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 6 – Make Background
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 7 – Using Stencils
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 8 – Using Circles
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 9 – Using a Sketch
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 10 – Pockets
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 11 – Using a Scrapbook Recipe
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 12 – Double Page Layout
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 13 – Scrapbook Bingo
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 14 and 15 – Freestyle and Washi Tape
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 18 and 17 – Using Scraps and 30 Minute Layout
For more on Nicole Jones 911, check out the following Links …