This card was inspired by summer and a stamp set from the Simon Says Stamp July 2015 Monthly Card Kit. The name of the stamp set is “Sailing” and you can still find it at Simon Says Stamp.
Using a stencil also from Simon Says Stamp called “Waves” , I created this fun background for the water by applying Heidi Swap’s Teal Metallic Texture paste onto white card stock. I then cut out a piece for the bottom of my card using one of the Stitched rectangles from Lawn Fawn and trimmed the top of the piece following along one of the waves.
The sky was created using a white piece of cardstock and some distress inks in Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean, and Mermaid Lagoon. I used a stitched die set to cut out a sun and some clouds. Fossilized Amber Distress Ink colored the sun and Weathered wood was used to shade the clouds.
Using an image from the Simon Says Stamp Sailing stamp set, I stamped out some boats using Memento black ink and colored them with copic markers. The sentiment “Sail Away” was stamped using Versa Mark ink and embossed with a dark blue embossing powder. The sentiment was then cut out with a stitched circle die and layered on top of a Cross Stitched circle die cut from a metallic teal Satin board from CreateAndCraft.com.
The finishing touch was to add some “Yellow” Stickles to the sun and “Yellow” and “Star Dust” Stickles to the sails on the boats.
- Simon Says Stamp “Sailing” Stamp Set
- Simon Says Stamp Stencil “Waves”
- Heidi Swapp Teal Metallic Texture Paste
- Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangles
- Distress Inks (Peacock Feathers, Stormy Sky, Mermaid Lagoon, Fossilized Amber, Weathered Wood)
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Versa Mark Ink
- Tim Holtz Mini Mister
- Cloud, Sun, Rain Dies
- Stitched Circle Dies
- Cross Stitched Circle Dies
- Create and Craft US Letter size Satin Board Pack of 30 250GSM – Bold
- Copic Markers (C00, C1, C2, C4, BG10, BG13, BG18, Y17, Y23)
- Stickles (Yellow and Star Dust)