A few weeks ago, I created this embossed design on a piece of glitter paper using a stencil and some metallic texture paste, but then couldn’t decide what to do with it.
It was really too large for an A2 size card and at first I thought I would try to create a larger card using the entire piece. However, after having it on my desk for a few weeks, I finally decided to take the plunge and cut it in half. The results are two very masculine cards in silver, black and white.
This first card was mounted on a silver metallic card base with a strip of black card stock and some washi on the left. I then cut out the word Hello three times and layered them to create a more dimensional sentiment.
The black and white card stock looked dull next to the shine of the metallic paste and the glitter card base, so I added some black sparkle to the black card stock with a Spectrum Noir Black Sparkle pen. I aslo added sparkle to the white Hello using a Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle pen.
The second card was mounted on a white card base. A thin washi tape divides the card. Next some black and white die cut letters spelling Happy Birthday make a nice contrast against the background.
- TCW Balzer Designs Mayan Calendar 6″x6″ Stencil
- Faber Castelle Pearl Texture Luxe
- Dreamweaver Glossy Black Embossing Paste
- Dreamweaver Metallic Silver Embossing Paste
- Hello and Looking Good Recollections Black and White Washi Tape
- Letter Dies from Maker’s Mart April Die Kit of the Month
- Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens (Black and Clear)