For Day 16 and 17 of the Scrap-A-Thon 3 with Nicole Jones 911, I created two layouts. For Day 16, we needed to use scraps and for day 15 it was all about being quick and trying to complete a layout in 30 minutes.
For the Day 16 Scraps layout, I used a bunch of scraps in my scrap bin. The inspiration for the layout was a Project Life card that I cut up. The card had a blue background with yellow clouds and the saying “I’m going to stand outside so that if anyone asks I’m Outstanding”. I cut up the Project Life card and used the saying for my title.
The picture in the layout is the very first Selfie I ever took of myself and was taken in Fredericksburg, TX at the Woodrose Winery. I love the trees in the background of the photo. It was so pretty at the Winery and we sat outside on the patio.
For my Day 17 layout, I attempted to do a layout in 30 minute but didn’t finish. Below is the picture of the layout at the 30 minute mark.
I started this layout with one piece of patterned paper with pink stripes a cut out from an old calendar and a pack of Bo Bunny chipboard stickers. For my title, I used the Fantastic foam Thickers in lime green.
I had wanted to use the calendar cut out as a single piece but my matted pictures ended up being larger than I expected and covered too much of the calendar piece. So, I ended up having to take time to cut apart the calendar piece so that I could move it around and make it extend past the pictures. I think the extra work on the calendar cut out plus trying to find embellishments that matched my color scheme was two reasons that put me over the 30 minute mark.
I ended up taking 1 hour and 15 minutes to complete the layout which is actually pretty good for me. I’m getting faster because last year it took me days, weeks or even sometimes months to finish a page!!!
The pictures used in this layout were taken during a tour of the Becker Vineyards winery during a trip to Fredericksburg, TX.
17 layouts done in 31 days and no more days to go … but that’s ok … I’m going to keep going with the Scrap-A-Thon challenges, so expect to see more in the month of April. I didn’t do too bad considering that I completed a total of 26 layouts in the month of March. So, I’m super happy with what I have accomplished. I’m continuing to learn a lot and to get better and faster at creating pages.
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 1 – Patterned Papers
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 2 – Squares
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 3 – Resist Technique
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 4 – Gel Plate
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 5 – Using Paints
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 6 – Make Background
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 7 – Using Stencils
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 8 – Using Circles
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 9 – Using a Sketch
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 10 – Pockets
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 11 – Using a Scrapbook Recipe
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 12 – Double Page Layout
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 13 – Scrapbook Bingo
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 14 and 15 – Freestyle and Washi Tape
For more on Nicole Jones 911, check out the following Links …
#CalvinBall2019 – Day 31 Layouts
- “I’m Outstanding” 56 pts.
- “Wine Tour” 52 pts.