For Day 18 of the Scrap-A-Thon 3 with Nicole Jones 911, I created this grid layout. This was such an easy layout to do because you just lay out your photos in a grid. The biggest challenge was trying to figure out the placement of the pictures and where to put the title. I was really happy to get eleven of the twelve photos that I printed onto this one page.
The paper is from Echo Park Summer Days collection. The paper in this collection is so colorful with really beautiful bright colors. Most of the paper in this collection is very busy and because I was planning to use a lot of pictures, I decided to use a tone on tone blue patterned paper for the background. The photos are matted on a blue cardstock.
I wanted to wrap the title from the left side of the layout and then across the top, so I added a 2×2 Project Life card on the left bottom corner which says “You can never have too much Happy” and then I added “ICE CREAM” in Dear Lizzy Fantastic white foam Thickers to the left side of the layout and used a project life card at the top of the layout that says “Sweet Life”. If you read the layout from left to right, it says “You can never have too much Happy”, ICE CREAM, “Sweet Life”, Old Town Slidell Soda Shop, Rock N’ Roll!!!
The pictures used in this layout were taken in the summer of 2017 when my sister Jeannie and her family were visiting from Texas. We went for ice cream at the local Ice Cream shop in Old Town Slidell, Louisiana.
18 layouts done and 13 to go. I jumped ahead and have some other layouts completed but I’m going to wait to post them until I get to that class day. So, next layout will be for Day 19 – Journaling and I need to get started figuring out how to do a layout with hidden journaling. This is another new technique I’ve never done before, so I’m excited to get started.
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 1 – Patterned Papers
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 2 – Squares
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 3 – Resist Technique
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 4 – Gel Plate
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 5 – Using Paints
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 6 – Make Background
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 7 – Using Stencils
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 8 – Using Circles
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 9 – Using a Sketch
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 10 – Pockets
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 11 – Using a Scrapbook Recipe
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 12 – Double Page Layout
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 13 – Scrapbook Bingo
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 14 and 15 – Freestyle and Washi Tape
- Scrap-A-Thon 3 – Day 18 and 17 – Using Scraps and 30 Minute Layout
For more on Nicole Jones 911, check out the following Links …