It’s the first day of Rainbow Maker class at OnlineCardClasses.com and I’m having so much fun with the ink blending techniques. I used distress inks and a makeup brush to create this rainbow background. Inks used were Peacock Feathers, Spiced Marmalade, Fossilized Amber, Festive Berries, Cracked Pistachio and Seedless Preserves.
I created a balloon edge from an edge die out of a patterned paper from the Fancy Pants Flutter collection. Using a ivory and gold twine, I created a string for the balloon.
The “Be Happy” was stamped using versa mark ink and then embossed with white embossing powder. I created a banner to add to the bottom of the card by taking a strip of navy card stock and embossing the sentiment “It’s your birthday” with white embossing powder.
To add dimension, I took the white gel pen and added white dots on top of the dots on the balloon. To finish off the card and add some sparkle, I added a sprinkling of super tiny star confetti across the background.
- Simon Says Stamp Happy and Smile Stamp Set
- My Favorite Things BluePrint 26 Die Set (Balloon Edge)
- BS-MALL(TM) Makeup Brushes Premium Makeup Brush Set Synthetic Kabuki Cosmetics Foundation Blending
- Fancy Pants Design Flutter 6×6 Paper Pad
- Ranger White Embossing Powder
- 3mm Multi-color Star confetti
- Uni-Ball Signo White Gel Pen