I received this beautiful birdcage die today and after cutting it out of a piece of Mirror Gold cardstock, just had to use it in a card.
I used the gold die cut and my Brother Scan-n-Cut to cut out a background for the bird cage from some watercolor paper. I also cut out two birds from Watercolor paper using a bird die set.
I used some distress inks (Cracked Pistachio, Tumbled Glass, Faded Jeans, Stormy Sky, and Frayed Burlap) for the background of the birdcage and also the birds. The birds feet and beaks were colored with brown and yellow copic markers.
For the background of the card I used a gold and cream patterned paper from the Craft Smith Honeydew 6×6 paper pad and a green patterened paper from Pebbles Jen Hadfield Cottage Living 6×6 paper pad. To add some texture to the background, I added some green & white lace.
The finishing touches were to color in the flowers and heart of the birdcage with more Distress inks in Festive Berries and Seedless Preserves. I also added Black Nuvo Crystal drops to the birds’ eyes. A few green flower sequins scattered on the birdcage and a blue banner with the sentiment finished off this card.
I think the gold of the Birdcage is the star of this card.
- Birdcage Die
- Bird Die Set
- Distress Inks (Cracked Pistachio, Tumbled Glass, Faded Jeans, Stormy Sky, Frayed Burlap, Festive Berries, Seedless Preserves)
- 6MM Multi-color Paillette Flower Flat Back Sequins
- Craft Smith Honeydew 6×6 Paper Pad
- Pebbles Jen Hadfield Cottage Living 6×6 Paper Pad
- Green and White Lace from Michael’s $1.50 Bin
- Nuvo Crystal Drops (Black)